5 Simple Rules for Text Message Etiquette
- If it is going to involve more than three responses, just call the person. It's a phone, use it as such
- Texting is the only time you can use LOL, LMAO, TTYL, etc. all other times should be avoided, use your words.
- Don't text and drive. Whatever it is, it can wait, really.
- If a person doesn't respond right away don't freak out. Yes, this is a world of constant contact, but it is possible that the person is doing something and will reply later. Maybe they are on the phone, watching a movie, or taking a shit.
- Jokes don't always come through, unless you end the sentence with "joking". If it can be misinterpreted it probably will be.