- It’s now day 44 of the oil spill.
- 37 percent of the gulf is closed to fishing due to the spill
- Current estimates are 20 million to 40 million gallons of oil have leaked into the gulf
- On average there are 1 billion gallons of oil spilled into the worlds oceans (not counting this BP spill)
- 19.5 million barrels of oil are consumed in the United State per day
- 436,000 gallons of dispersant has been dumped into the gulf to break up the oil.
- 400 wildlife species threatened by the spill.
“The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there. It’s natural. It’s as natural as the ocean water is.”
Apparently we should not be wasting our time trying to stop the spill and clean it up, it’s all good according to Rush.